05 May 2008

Creativity bubble

I have been experimenting using Bubbl.us. It is an online mind mapping program, currently free of charge. I find it intuitively easy to use. It allows printing, import and export, pasting onto web pages and weblogs (see below), and aspects of the appearance are customisable. I have created four bubbles to date, including the bubble reproduced below. Looking at the embedding coding, the program uses Shockwave, so if you cannot see the bubble sheet below, it might be because the computer on which the bubble is being viewed does not have Shockwave loaded.

I have been using Bubbl.us with the Firefox browser, and have found that the program keeps eating RAM without releasing any (I tracked memory usage using Windows Task Manager). This has resulted in my laptop running so slowly as to require exiting Firefox after a while. I do not know whether this glitch belongs to Firefox or to Bubbl.us. (Later: I am convincing myself that the problem is Firefox-related.)

Whilst I appreciate many art-forms such as painting, sculpture, photography, movies, theatre, opera, ballet and dance, I am not a creatively artistic person, as I cannot draw, paint, sculpt, act or dance. I do not consider myself to be especially creative, although I enjoy being creative.

I used Bubbl.us to create the following bubble about my creativity. The image is live, and using the controls in the top left hand corner, can be scaled and re-centred. Also, by holding down the left-mouse button while the cursor is over the image, it is possible to move the sheet around.







No comments: