08 August 2013

Day Eight (Week Two)

We have now been moved in for a week. I doubt that we have yet managed to unpack ten percent of the boxes which, in some rooms, remain four or five deep. I doubt that we shall have fully unpacked before Christmas. At least the kitchen has become sufficiently functional to permit the preparation of a full roast (vegan) dinner.

I shoveled gravel, and lugged paving slabs from a variety of locations, in order to improve wheelchair access at the rear of the house (we await a ramp from social services to help with the front entrance).

I have produced (and part shredded) huge heaps of woody prunings, although the garden close to the house still looks like a set in Jurassic Park. I spent several hours making myself very travel sick cutting the grass using the ride-on tractor mower - it sounds as though it should be fun, but not for me.

I found a neighbour's cat in our kitchen - maybe a sign that it is now time to acquire our own felines.

No comments: