09 August 2013

Day Nine

It is unreasonable to expect everything to go well all the time, especially having made radical changes in one's life. Today was a day when some things went wrong, and other things just didn't happen.

I felt fatigued when I woke up, but determined to make some space in a room we have been calling my 'study', but I think I shall revert to my preferred term: my 'office'. I turfed countless heavy boxes out into the hall, and because I have not yet moved them back, it almost impossible to use the front entrance to the house.

I needed some furniture straps to secure book cases to walls, so decided to drive to B and Q and Homebase in Folkestone. After spending ages scouring their aisles I was unable to find any in either, as a result of which I did not have time to do a supermarket shop. I also needed to get to the Post Office, the bank and the council offices, but failed at the latter for the second time. When things go wrong or don't work out, questioning whether we have done the right thing (most of the time, lurking in the shadows) skulks more openly.

I guess that there are bound to be demoralising days.

No comments: